Welcome to Pirates Swim Team!
Step 1 – Please complete the membership form below or email the membership coordinator the information that the form asks for.
Step 2 – After completing this form, Steve Francis, Head Coach will contact you to have your swimmer assessed and placed in a squad.
Step 3 – Pay your membership fees through the SNZ portal. After completing this form you will be contacted by or membership coordinator with your login details. Your swimmer must be an approved financial member to train with the team. Term coaching fees paid to Steve are separate.
Step 4 – Our membership coordinator will email you a request to join our google group. The link expires within 7 days so keep a look out for this. If you can’t find it first check your junk mail, otherwise contact Membership Coordinator . After you have joined the google group this is how you will receive updates on meets and other fun events as part of the club.
Step 5 – Order your swimmer’s uniform: the team t shirt and cap are compulsory, and you can order hoodies as an optional extra. You can find the order form here.
The club relies on families to volunteer to support all our swimmers. There are a range of ways you can help – you can find out about volunteer roles on the For Parents and Parents Roles pages. The membership coordinator can also give you more information. Please indicate which role(s) you’d be interested in taking on when filling out the membership form. The team relies on and really appreciates your support!
Check out the information below the membership form for the next steps in the membership process.
Pirates Swim Team Membership Form
Once you’ve sent through your membership form, there are a few more steps to making your swimmer an official member of the club.
Please read this information carefully to make sure the process runs smoothly.
– Coaching fees
Steve will invoice your for coaching fees. These are due each term.
Please note that coaching fees are separate from your club membership fees.
– Joining the Pirates Swim Team
1. Complete the membership application form above and or email the membership coordinator the information.
2. The membership coordinator will add your swimmer to the Swimming New Zealand (SNZ) database. You’ll receive a password reset email. Follow the links to create a username and password for the SNZ portal. Do not use an email address as a username – the portal doesn’t like it!
3. You’ll then be able to use the SNZ portal to pay your swimmer’s membership fees. This can only be paid through the portal. Membership fees are separate to coaching fees, and are paid annually.
4. Let the membership coordinator know you’ve paid your fees. Then your swimmer’s membership can be approved.
Your swimmer must be an approved financial member to train with the team and enter race meets.
5. You’ll also be invited to join the Pirates’ Google Group for club emails with news and information. The invitation expires after 7 days so please check your spam folder for the invitation and be sure to accept it when it comes!
6. Order your swimmer’s uniform: the team t shirt and cap are compulsory, and you can order hoodies as an optional extra. You can find the order form here.
7. Pool entry is not part of your membership. If your swimmer is training more than three times a week, a pool membership is the most economic option. Click here for more information. Note that as a member of the club you can get a reduced rate for the swim membership – specify that you are a member of the Pirates Swim Team on the application form. You will need to provide proof of club membership. You can use a screen shot of your swimmer’s MyPage on the SNZ database, or contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you need another type of proof of membership.
Thanks for taking the time to go through these steps.
Please let us know if you have any questions.