COVID-19 LEVEL 2 UPDATE – 14 May 2020
Welcome to level 2 swimming. We are starting off in a very different position to when we last swum. The pool have allocated us some hours to work with. I have set the schedule so that all squads can get back in the water, have fun and start the first step toward routine and swim fitness. This schedule begins on Monday 18th May – PIRATES TIMETABLE LEVEL 2
Some points to note:
– We want to see you all back! Please be understanding that we are working with the pool and all it’s users so we have to be considerate of that. The schedule is different than what we had pre COVID-19. It will take time but we will gradually move back to our normal Pirates term timetable.
– The pool have indicated that they are starting level 2 ‘conservatively’ and will look to tweak things. This may result in more pool space for the Pirates going forward in level 2.
– I will also be running dryland sessions for the Red and Black Beards. I will advise where and when.
Our final Zoom sessions will be on this Friday. Thank you to everyone who have participated in these over the past 6 weeks, it has been great to stay connected.
What you can expect:
- – Extra wait-time at reception while we ensure every customer is recorded in our system for contact tracing purposes. We must complete this for every individual person who enters our building at the time they arrive.
- – Opening hours will be reduced to 6am-8pm, Monday to Friday and 7am – 6pm on weekends.
- – WCC are widening our lanes by removing every second lane rope and restricting the numbers of swimmers in each lane to ensure adherence to physical distancing and gathering restrictions. Squads will not be able to stay together at the end of the lanes but must be spread out with 1m distancing in the lanes.
- – WCC will also be sessionalising our opening hours to ensure we can maintain physical distancing and to meet max facility numbers; keeping public, clubs & swimming lessons separate. This means we will not be able to offer you your usual bookings, but we have tried to balance your requirements with that of our other key users.
- – All hotspots (spa, saunas, steam rooms) and kids play/spray pools remain closed for now.
- WCC will have an increased cleaning routine to help ensure your health and safety.
In summary what WCC will need every member to do is:
- – Wait patiently at reception, while maintaining physical distancing at all times
- – If you are unwell, stay at home
- – Where it is possible shower at home (limit the use of the changing rooms)
- – Drop and collect swimmers from the carpark
- – Card Transactions only, no cash
Noho ora mai / stay well and safe everyone
Pirates Swim Team